Services & Links
INTERIOR CLEANING SERVICES:
- Nadine McLean, Cleaning Maids: email@example.com, 757-713-3319
- Tidy Guy, Peter Kacmar/Owner, (carpet/tile/grout/upholstery cleaning): firstname.lastname@example.org, 434-260-1020, www.tidyguy.com.
- Service Master (carpet cleaners): Charlottesville ~ 434-293-3366, 1201 Five Springs Rd Charlottesville VA 22902. Madison ~ 540-958-2291, 2467 South Seminole Trail Madison VA 22727. Remington ~ 540-439-7285, 204 N James Madison St Remington VA 22734.
- D&D Lawn Care (landscaping, lawn care, irrigation, mowing, tree work, leaf clean up, hauling, shrub trimming, top soil, stone, fill, mulching, retaining walls, pavers, aeration, seed, fertilizer, brush removal, dump truck, water garden, fertilizing, licensed, insured, for all your maintenance needs): PO Box 685 Earlysville VA 22936, 280 Heatherton Dr, Ruckersville VA 22968, W 434-985-2429 or 434-960-6346, F 434-985-3376, C 434-996-1114, email@example.com.
- Davis Lawn Care, Gregg & Mollie Davis (mowing, weed control, fertilization, aeration, over seeding, leaf removal, mulch delivery & application, lime, shrub pruning, bed edging, gutter cleaning, deer management): C 434-960-5798, H 434-985-2948, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, PO Box 363, Ruckersville VA 22968, FEIN 54-2047232.
BIG TREE JOBS:
- David Grubb, Grubb Tree Service, "We climb to the top, so you don't have to!" (15 years experience in risk assessment of trees around your house, large and small tree removal, bush trimming, pruning, stump grinding, cleaning gutters, hauling debris): 540-718-9199.
- David Frazier, Tree Service: W 434-975-3437, C 434-960-7797, PO Box 241 Free Union, VA 22940.
GUTTER CLEANING AND POWER WASHING:
- Sami's Pressure Washing (Eco friendly soft touch pressure/power washing on siding, roofs, wood and composite decks, patios, concrete): 434-825-1155, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.samispressurewashing.com.
- Glen Mead - Gutters: H 434-589-9353, C 434-981-6277, W 434-589-1751, 12 Timberlake Terrace Palmyra VA 22963.
- Carter's Septic Service (Licensed for septic clean out, pumping, only - not a licensed inspector, not licensed to repair): H 540-948-6374, C 434-996-6374.
- Arthur's Septic Service (serving Charlottesville & all surrounding counties since 1987 - licensed & insured, 24 hour emergency service, residential, commercial, septic inspections, line repairs, cleaning, pumping, tank installs, trenching, drain-field installs, light plumbing, alternative septic systems): W 434-286-4597, C 434-531-0134, 1189 Rockfish Run Rd Scottsville VA 24590-4757, www.arthursseptic.com.
- Cavalier Septic Service LLC, Keith or Mary Ford (family-owned & operated by lifetime residents of
Albemarle County VA. Trained professionals offer courteous service,
fully equipped to solve all of your septic problems. Both business and
residential. Licensed and Insured. Septic inspections: 4x4 hole for
septic plus 4x4 hole for distribution box, talented in pulling up the
grass like sod & putting it back nearly unscathed): 6900 Blackwells Hollow Rd Crozet VA 22932, 434-973-8160, F 434-923-0008, www.cavalierseptic.com, emails: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
REPAIRS AND DOWNSIZING:
- Landis Declutter & Repairs, Stephen Landis: 434-249-5466, Stephen@asklandis.com, www.asklandis.com. Professionals who work with individuals with hoarding challenges, who need to purge and organize, need junk removal, seniors who are downsizing, donations with receipts, sell items on eBay. Offer professional house cleaning, flooring installations, painting, or other general house services.
STAGING AND DE-CLUTTERING:
- Clutter Conversions, Kathryn McMillan (De-clutter organizing, space organization, time management, downsizing, selling personal property, specializes in the psychology of it): email@example.com, 540-294-1523, www.clutterconversions.com.
- Cindy Simmons, Interiors By Design Staging & Redesign (Professional Home Stager and Designer): firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, W 434-882-0280, C 540-255-5100, www.interiorsbydesignstaging.com.
- Michelle English, Savvy Stager: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, www.savvystagerva.com, 434-964-7224.
PAINTING AND REPAIRS:
- Shellito Home Improvements (vinyl siding, windows, decks, enclosures, remodeling, repairs, painting): 434-831-1266 or 434-960-1609, 6781 Rockfish River Road Schuyler VA 22969.
- Integrity Home Contracting (additions, basement finishing, carpentry, drywall, deck rebuild/repair, tile/ceramic/vinyl floors, gutters, interior/exterior painting, masonry repair, roof repairs/installation, siding replacements, sun-rooms/screen porches, window/door repairs): 2019 Woodbrook Ct Charlottesville VA 22901, W 434-220-1056, F 434-220-3102, www.123ihc.com, Gary Palmer at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or 434-806-4576, 434-806-4666 (John), 434-220-1056 (IHC Office).
Published by the Consumer Information Center, this site features valuable information that no consumer should be without. Also included is the Consumer Assistance Directory with thousands of names, addresses, telephone numbers, web site and e-mail addresses for national consumer organizations, trade associations, state and local consumer protection offices, state and federal agencies.
EPIC is a public interest research center in Washington, D.C. It was established in 1994 to focus public attention on emerging civil liberties issues and to protect privacy, the First Amendment, and constitutional values. Other sites: privacy.org and privacyrights.org.
Provides a starting point for consumers in the USA and Canada searching the net for recycling information. The goal is to help make recycling so easy and automatic that it blends into the flow of everyday life.
Consumer Line is the online service of the Office of Consumer and Business Education of the Bureau of Consumer Protection. It offers the full text of approximately 150 consumer publications on a wide range of categories.
Before you forward that e-mail, check out www.snopes.com to see if it's true. This site lists many of the Internet hoaxes, scams, spams and chain e-mails you often find in your In Box.
The Better Business Bureau provides instant access to business and consumer alerts as well as many other helpful resources. You can even file a complaint online and more. This web site is provided by the Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc., and the BBB system of over 150 Bureaus located throughout the United States and Canada.
The Internet is an exciting tool that puts vast information at your fingertips. With a click of a mouse, it lets you buy an airline ticket, book a hotel, send flowers to a friend, or purchase your favorite stock. Keep in mind the following tips to help ensure that your online shopping experience is a safe one.
Don't buy or sell a car without checking out this invaluable guide. Learn your car's trade-in and resale value, get free new car pricing reports with specs, photos, invoice and more.
Evaluate the latest bank credit card surveys including low rate cards, no- fee cards, gold cards, secured cards, rebate cards, affinity cards, credit union cards and other charge cards. CardTrak is the nation's only consumer credit card newsletter, and is widely quoted and endorsed by the news media.